DRESSED TO PLAY
DRESSED TO PLAY is an interactive virtual concert series that takes place on Zoom. Designed to open classical music to a wider audience and break down traditional stereotypes, the series presents full-length concerts by Katie featuring a program of beloved piano works recorded live from special musical locations. Experience the magic of a traditional classical concert, from the timeless music to the majestic venues, while enjoying an up-close and personal connection to the performer - all in the ease and comfort of your own home. And just like at a live concert, all performances are followed by a (virtual) after-concert Cocktail Party! So bring your own drink to the party for the post-concert toast, and then sit back and savor it while Katie answers your questions about the music and more! All DRESSED TO PLAY events take place via Zoom allowing for live audience interaction.
Check out the performance schedule below and discover just how fun and un-intimidating a classical concert can be!
Note: Concert videos of events which have already taken place are listed under "Archived Events" and can purchased as a download using the links below. Join our mailing list to stay up-to-date on live events!
Sunday 2 JANUARY
NEW YEAR'S CONCERT 2022
KATIE MAHAN, piano
Join DRESSED TO PLAY to ring in the New Year with a program of music by Bach, Beethoven, Schubert & Liszt live from Salzburg
Presented by Classically Alive
Bach Jesu, Joy of Man's Desiring, arr. Hess
Beethoven Sonata No. 31, Op. 110
Schubert Four Impromptus Op. 90
Liszt Liebestraum No. 3, S. 541
Monday 21 December
8:00pm CET | EST MST
A MAGICAL CONCERT
KATIE, piano • ALEX, magic
Celebrate the holidays with an evening of magic and music from Salzburg!
Featuring beloved classical favorites performed live in the beautiful Marmorsaal of Schloss Mirabell, Salzburg together with unforgettable acts of magic and illusion!
Performed by Katie & Alex and presented by Papageno himself.
1. Introduction: Rachmaninov Etude-Tableau, Op. 33, No. 7
2. Mozart Klavierstuck K. 33b + Papageno's Welcome
3. Beethoven Sonata Op. 27, No. 2 "Moonlight Sonata" Mvt. 3 + Alexander's Tri-Section Illusion
4. Mozart Overture to the Magic Flute, K. 620, arr. Mahan + Alexander's Papageno + Little Magic Acts
5. Bernstein Non troppo presto + Papageno's Interlude: "Into My World"
6. Mozart Sonata K. 311, Mvt. 1 + Alexander's Card Matrix
7. Mozart Variations on "Twinkle, Twinkle, Little Star" + Alexander's Coin Matrix & Four Aces
8. Gershwin Fascinating Rhythm, arr. Wild + Hofzinzer's Rose Mirror
9. Liszt Liebestraum No. 3 + Alexander's Levitation Illusion
Sunday 12 September
RACHMANINOV INSIDE THE ALPS
KATIE MAHAN, piano • FJODOR ELESIN, cello
Join DRESSED TO PLAY for Rachmaninov & Gershwin from the Sasso San Gottardo, Switzerland
Performed inside the mountain in front of the largest natural mountain crystals in Europe
Rachmaninov Sonata for Piano & Cello, Op. 19
Rachmaninov Vocalise, Op. 34, No. 12 (arr. for piano & cello)
Gershwin Rhapsody in Blue (arr. for piano solo K. Mahan)
HOW IT WORKS
1. Purchase your ticket via the ticket link on the concert page
2. Upon purchase, you will receive an email receipt with a link to join the livestream and party on Zoom.
3. On concert day, click on the above mentioned Zoom link, sit back and enjoy!
Your ticket purchase not only grants you access to the private concert livestream and after-concert Cocktail Party with Katie, but also gives you exclusive access to your personal copy of the concert to own, watch, re-watch, and enjoy at home with friends - forever!
In order to accommodate both European and American audiences,
concerts are offered in EU and US friendly performance times. Performances are streamed directly to Zoom at concert time and are only viewable to ticket holders and subscribers. Total performance time is approx. 1 hour plus intermission. After-concert party duration determined by the guests!