What is the Katie Mahan Hour?
The KATIE MAHAN HOUR was launched by American concert pianist Katie Mahan in October 2020 to present world class virtual concerts in combination with interactive music discussions, interviews and more. The platform's goal is to open classical music to new audiences. Concerts are filmed live for the KATIE MAHAN HOUR. Tickets for the concerts are sold at USD 25 / approx. EUR 22, and help cover production costs and support performance fees. One ticket allows an entire household to enjoy the concert together, and ticket holders have unlimited access to re-watch the concert at any time following their chosen performance. Zoom Parties and other features are designed to build new audiences through interaction with the performers, and audience participation is highly encouraged.
Where is the Katie Mahan Hour filmed?
Concerts are filmed live at partnering venues in Europe or the USA, selected for their possibility to offer a glimpse into the background of the composer and his music. Zoom parties, interviews and non-music segments are aired and/or filmed at local venues with direct access to the selected topic.
If your venue and/or artist is interesting in being featured on the KATIE MAHAN HOUR, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Who designs Katie's dresses for DRESSED TO PLAY?
All evening gowns are designed exclusively for Katie Mahan by American couturier BOBETTE - Inspired by Music. Each gown is a hand made, one-of-a-kind creation, inspired by a particular musical program or venue.
How do I purchase a ticket for the concerts on Vimeo?
1. Select performance time on the WATCH page to be directed to the concert viewing page for your chosen showtime.
2. On the concert viewing page, click on the red PRE-ORDER button and proceed to the purchase page.
3. Create account, making sure to include your correct email address and password, and proceed to complete your purchase in the fields provided.
You will receive a confirmation email of your pre-order purchase from the KATIE MAHAN HOUR which will also include a link to the after-concert Cocktail Party on Zoom. Shortly before showtime on the concert date, return to the current page, click on the performance time button above and go to the concert. If you have been logged out, simply fill in the email address and password used for the original ticket purchase. At concert time, click on the play button and enjoy the concert! Concert will unlock 2 minutes prior to showtime.
What do I do if I can't get the video to play on Vimeo?
If the video doesn’t play, make sure that you are logged in with the same email and password you used to make the purchase. Concert will unlock 2 minutes prior to showtime, and will not be accessible prior to that time. Video will NOT play automatically; you must push the play button to start the video.
How do I access the Zoom event?
Zoom events are only available to ticket holders and subscribers. If you have subscribed, you will find a link for the zoom party included on the receipt from your ticket purchase *Please check your spam/junk mail folder if you have not received it. You must have zoom downloaded to your computer or smart phone to join the zoom party. If you cannot find the email or have lost the code, contact us at email@example.com
How do I download the zoom app?
1. To download the zoom app, open your computer's internet browser and navigate to the Zoom website at Zoom.us.
2. Navigate to the top righthand corner of the page and click on the orange "Sign Up, It's Free" button.
3. Fill in the required information, and then click the blue "Sign Up' button.
4. The Zoom app will then begin downloading. You should then click on the .exe file to begin the installation process. You may be prompted to check your email to confirm your account.
5. Once installed, you will need to log into your Zoom account, which can be set up via the Zoom website by entering your email address and creating a password. Make a note of your login data and then you're all set to join this and future parties on Zoom!